Cookie files are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the Website User's device to be used on website pages. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, time they’re meant to be stored on the device and a unique number.
Cookies are used to:
- adjust the content of the Website pages to the User's preferences and optimize its usage; in particular, these files allow to recognize the type of User’s device to properly display the content in accordance with it’s specification;
- create statistics that shows how the Users make use of the service, which in term helps to improve the website structure and content;
- maintain the User's session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter his login and password on every subpage of the Website;
- The Website uses two basic types of cookies: "session" and "persistent". Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User's device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the User's device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- "Necessary" cookies, utilized to enable the usage of available Website functionalities, e.g. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication on the Website;
- "Security" cookies, e.g. used to detect any attempts to gain unauthorized access;
- "Performance" cookies, used to collect of information on how Users interact with the website;
- "Functional" cookies, utilized to "remember" the settings selected by the User and to personalize the User's interface, eg in terms of the language or region selection, size of the font, appearance of the website, etc.;
- "Advertising" cookies, used to provide more meaningful Advertisements based on User’s interests.
- In most cases, software used for browsing websites (web browser) allows cookies to be stored in the User's device by default. Website Users can change their cookie settings at any time. These settings can be set to block the automatic handling of cookies or to inform User of each entry being saved to the device. Detailed information on ways of handling cookies are available in the software (web browser) settings.
- The Website Operator informs that restrictions set on the cookie handling may affect some of the website functionalities.
- Cookies placed on the Website User's device may also be used by advertisers and partners cooperating with the Website operator.